The Pithless Thoughts blogger recently took on his first desk job after years in the construction business. Among his good thoughts about what it takes to function in an office environment were these, which I’d be hard-pressed even to try to improve on:
Well, the good news is, people are people. The things that “work” in construction work in an office work at Church work in marriage work in driving on the freeway in rush hour work in a monastery work at the grocery store work on the street corner with the homeless guy with a sign… etc. What “works” is simple, really. Just be a saint.
- Be silent. (My opinion isn’t a necessity.)
- Speak with grace if speaking is a necessity.
- Acknowledge people’s goodness.
- Apologize sincerely even if the wrong is only perceived.
- Don’t engage in nor take morbid interest in debates, disputes and gossip.
- Go the second mile…
View original post 113 more words
" C A T T A L E S "
Reaching your Heart through Art
Fun, Inspiration and Faith
Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? – Isaiah
published general readership op-ed essays
WordPress.com is the best place for your personal blog or business site.